At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our team! We have open positions and are looking for the very best to support clients in their homes. Whether you are looking to get started in a home care career or are an experienced aide, we have something for you.
We will consider your availability and preferred locations when setting up your schedule.
We provide caregivers competitive pay, training and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement. Orientations happen each week.
Job Summary: The Home Care Aide is categorized as an unlicensed personnel who is employed by a Home Care Organization to provide home care services to a client who, because of advanced age or physical or mental disability cannot perform these services. These services enable the client to remain in his/her residence and include, but are not limited to: assistance with the following: bathing, dressing, feeding, exercising, personal hygiene and grooming, transferring, ambulating, positioning, toileting and incontinence care, assisting with medication that the client self-administers, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, laundry, transportation, correspondence, making telephone calls, shopping for personal care items or groceries and companionship. The Home Care Aide conforms to all Agency policies including providing care, compliance with the Agency Bill of Rights, observing client/family confidentiality and adheres to Agency dress code.
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Listed and cleared on the Home Care Aide Registry and has a criminal record clearance, exemption or transfer as required
- Documentation from a licensed medical professional that Aide is negative for TB
- One year minimum of continuous experience as a Home Health Aide or Nurse Assistant in a health care environment preferred
- Completion of a State (or similarly accredited) Home Health Aide or Nurse Aide training program preferred or one year of classroom and clinical training from an accredited nursing program, medical assistance program, or other applicable direct care training program preferred
- Satisfactory compliance with the Agency’s bonding criteria
- Current Driver’s license, proof of current vehicle registration and current automobile insurance
- Minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS Ethics test
- Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions
- Satisfactorily demonstrates and performs competency in clinical skills through competency
checklist and return demonstration
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, coworkers, and all Supervisors
Duties/Essential Functions: Personal Care:
- Provide assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo
- and oral hygiene
- Assistance with ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive
- devices, (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane) and change of position
- Assistance with toileting, commode, and incontinent care
- Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
Duties/Essential Functions: Companion/Sitter/Household Management:
- Provides companionship and respite services for family
- Performs light housekeeping duties such as: change bed linens, vacuums, sweeps, dusts client’s environment, empty’s client’s wastebaskets and garbage. Refrigerators are defrosted, when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to perform task. Cleaning bathroom includes: bathtub, sink, and toilet. The floor should be vacuumed/mopped and clean any spills on floor immediately. Cleaning kitchen includes: wash dishes, wipe counter tops and mop floor
- Personal laundry: the laundry belonging to the client (him/her). Laundry for any family members or others in the same home is not the responsibility of caregiver
- Assists the client with grocery shopping
Duties/Essential Functions: Medication Services:
Assisting with medication that the client self-administers.
Performance Standards :
- Adheres to HIPPA and maintains client confidentiality
- Reports signs of abuse and neglect, mistreatment and misappropriation or exploitation
- Demonstrates and understands the Client Rights and Responsibilities
- Records and reports any abnormalities in client condition to Administration/RN
- Observes, reports and documents client status and care provisions in a timely manner and in
- accordance to Agency policy
- Provides care in compliance with Agency’s established protocols and as specified in the client’s Home Care Aide Care plan and Instructions in a competent, safe and timely manner
- Applies safety concepts in the work place and in accordance with Agency policies and procedures
- Maintains a clean and neat work environment
- Provides emotional support and motivation through conversation, encouragement and recreational activities to meet client/family needs
- Adheres to infection control and safety procedures in accordance with Agency policies
- Attire and appearance is appropriate and adheres to Agency policies and procedures
- Demonstrates a positive and professional manner according to Agency policy
- Addresses and treats co-workers respectfully to maintain a professional work environment
- Maintains acceptable attendance status per Agency policies
- Documents activities legibly and accurately on required Agency records
- Submits paperwork in a timely manner per Agency policy
- Attends all mandatory orientation, staff meetings, annual training and additional in-services if necessary
Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively;
Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form;
Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment; and
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever up to 25 pound may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position; function in a general office and frequent travel to a variety of field sites.
ComForCare Home Care is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment .
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)