Home Care Agency Seeks Contingent Registered NurseComForcare Senior Services seeks a reliable, dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse to provide thorough case assessment of clients who are requesting our services in San Diego, CA.The RN is responsible for assessing and reassessing clients’ activities of daily living needs, including the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of clients and their families. The RN will develop an appropriate and individual care plan, collaborating with the client’s primary physician as needed, and is responsible for teaching/counseling clients regarding self-care and evaluating client response to care provided. Acting as the clinical care coordinator for assigned individuals/ families, the RN will initiate referrals as necessary, supervise and direct home companions, home health aides, families, and other caregivers regarding care of the client.
Demonstrates proficient skills utilizing non-medical assessments for admission, transfer, reassessment, and discharged clients based on assessed needs. Coordinates and supervises caregivers in the delivery of client care. Maintains compliance with Agency policies and procedures including federal, state, and local regulations.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a current license in good standing in California
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of one year preferably two years of nursing experience as an RN
- One year of supervisory experience preferred
- One year of home care experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and available personal vehicle
- Works collaboratively with clients, families and staff
- Complies with HIPAA, federal, state and local regulations and safeguards all client related information
- Adheres to the Agency policies, procedures and standards of care
- Completes initial non-medical assessments within 48 hours per Agency policy
- Performs the initial non-medical client assessment, initiates the Caregiver Care plan and Instructions, re-assesses the client’s needs and progress on an on-going basis to meet the needs and preferences of the client and Agency standards
- Involves the client/family in developing the Home Service Agreement, Caregiver Care Plan and Instructions
- Develops and initiates the Caregiver Care plan and Instructions to be aligned with services provided that meets the client needs and preferences
- Notifies family or client representative, applicable staff and physician if necessary, on any change in the client’s condition and revises the Caregiver Care plan as needed
- Educates, coaches and monitor clients/client family including caregivers on disease process, medication reminding, and care plan to ensure client’s needs are met
- Completes and submits non-medical assessments, re-assessments, transfers and discharges in accordance with Agency defined time frames
- Delegates tasks to caregivers according to established standards, skill level required and ability to perform task to achieve desired outcome
- Manages, supervises and monitors direct care staff to ensure client needs and preferences are met and adheres to Agency policy and procedures
- Performs supervisory visits and monitors outcomes of delegation to ensure all direct care staff are adhering to the care plan to meet the needs of the client
- Acts as the coordinator of all direct care staff in order to maintain the lines of open communications with all levels and outside agencies to promote a continuum of care for the client
- Conducts and documents competency and training of direct care staff to ensure safe quality care is provided to clients and adheres to Agency policies and procedures
- Provides safe and effective nursing care and is an advocate of the client/client family
- Documents and updates the client record according to policies and procedures to meet regulatory standards
- Prepares discharge/transfer summaries which reflect the care provided and outcomes and communicates information to outside agencies, when applicable
- Adheres to Agency and CDC infection control standards, policies and procedures including educating staff and client/client family on infection control protocols
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision making skills throughout work assignments
- Supports quality improvement initiatives
- Immediately reports to Administrator any client incidents and/or complaints and completes documentation on incident reporting
- Maintains clean and neat work environment
- Demonstrates a positive and professional manner according to Agency policy
- Addresses and treats co-workers respectfully to maintain a professional work environment
- Assists peers willingly and performs other duties as assigned
- Appearance and attire is appropriate and in accordance with Agency policy
- Maintains acceptable attendance status, per Agency policy
- Attends staff, in-services, continuing education, seminars, and self-study programs annually to maintain licensure and skill set
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Performs assessments within 48 hours of notification
- Completes all assessment paperwork and inputs all data into HeathManager5 within 48 hours of assessment
- Shares care plan with scheduler at least one day prior to first shift
- Conducts client specific training with caregivers on first shift
- Provides training as needed for caregivers or other staff
Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively;
Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form;
Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment; and
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position; function in a general office and frequent travel to a variety of field sites.
ComForCare Home Care is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment .
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)