- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current Driver's License, Proof of automobile insurance, and daily availability of a car for business use.
- Satisfactory compliance with ComForcare bonding criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, co-workers, and all supervisors. Including ability to proficiently follow and process written and verbal instruction in the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer for windows-based programs, telephones, voicemail, fax machine and other common office devices.
- Experience in the home care field; honesty, empathy, composure and patience
- Ability to multi-task: Must be able to prioritize duties on a daily basis in response to rapidly changing customer needs.
- Outstanding customer service skills for interactions with caregivers, clients and families.
- Good listening skills
- Good organizational skills with consistent follow-up
- Willingness to perform on-call duties as required.
- Experience with scheduling
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Visual and hearing capacities functioning at a level sufficient enough to provide for the needs of clients and caregivers.
The Home Care Scheduler reports directly to the Office Manager. Responsibilities include matching clients with the appropriately skilled caregiver, scheduling care as requested by clients, on-call night and weekend scheduling as needed.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)