The Caregiver provides specifically defined, non-skilled care services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in the home.
Responsibilities and Duties
PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
- Bathing, assistance with dressing, nail and skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo and oral hygiene.
- Assistance with ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices, (walker, crutches, cane) change of position.
- Assistance with toileting; use of bedpan, commode, or urinal; incontinent care.
- Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding.
- Emotional support and motivation through conversation, encouragement and recreational activities.
- Maintenance of appropriate agency records.
- Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner according to agency policy.
- Adhere to infection control and safety procedures that are in accordance with agency policy.
- Light Housekeeping- including changing of bed linens, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting of client’s environment, emptying client’s wastebaskets and garbage. Refrigerators are defrosted, when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to do so. Cleaning of the bathroom includes bathtub, sink, and toilet. The floor should be vacuumed and mopped if it becomes wet. Cleaning of kitchen includes washing dishes, counter tops and the floor.
- Personal laundry- the laundry belonging to the client him or herself. Laundry for any family members or others in the same home is not the responsibility of caregiver.
- Grocery shopping.
Qualifications and Skills
- One or more of the following criteria: One year minimum of continuous experience as a Caregiver in a health care environment; Completion of a State (or similarly accredited) Home Health Aide or Nurse Aide training program; Completion of one year of classroom and clinical training from an accredited nursing program, medical assistance program, or other applicable direct care training program.
- Satisfactory compliance with ComForCare bonding criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, coworkers, and all supervisors.
- Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions.
- Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competency in clinical skills through competency checklist and skills demonstration test.
- Startup Bonuses
- Tuition Assistance
- 401 (K)
- Referral Bonuses
- Continuous On-the-Job Training
- Flexible Schedules
- Challenging Cases
If you are interested in learning more call right now…shifts available this week!
Call ComForCare (610) 363-1485. EOE
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)