**We will be hosting a Job Fair this Monday, January 14 at our North York Office Location (3421 Yonge Street) from 9am-3-pm**
**To those interested please bring your documentation (PSW, CPR, Police Clearance)**
Looking for caregivers to join our North York family
At ComForCare North York we value our caregivers like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our team! We have open positions and are looking for the very best to support clients in their homes. Whether you are looking to get started in a home care career or are an experienced aide, we have something for you.
Shifts are available throughout the metro area. We will consider your availability and preferred locations when setting up your schedule.
We provide caregivers with competitive pay and continuous training, as well as opportunities for advancement. Orientations happen each week.
Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? Our independently owned and operated offices are looking for you.
The Caregiver provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services in accordance with an established care plan so that they can remain in the comfort of their residence.
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Medication Services
- Assist with medication reminders that the client self-administers
- Meal Preparation
- Food Handler's Certificate
- Able to cook meals tailored to client's diet choices
- Provide a safe environment for client while cooking (sharps, clean floor, etc.)
- Social Skills
- Energetic and outwardly positive person
- Capable of supervising physical and mental exercise routines
- Able to creatively encourage client's use of meditation courses
- Successful completion of a Provincial-approved Personal Support Worker course
- At least six months experience as a Caregiver (in homes or facilities)
- Has a Police Vulnerable Sector Reference Check or willing to obtain within 6 months
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Ability to do light-cleaning and lifting (transferring clients, repositioning, and laundry)
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
- Obtained Food Handler's Certificate and able to cook well-balanced meals is an asset
- Driver's License (G) is an asset
ComForCare North York is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)