Looking for Certified Nurse Aide to join our home care family
At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible. Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? We are looking for you.
We invite you to become part of our team! We have open positions and are looking for the very best to support clients in their homes.
Shifts are available throughout the lower Fairfield County area. We will consider your availability and preferred locations when setting up your schedule.
- Supportive office team to help you succeed
- Competitive pay
- Specialized Dementia training
- Continuous online training on a variety of topics
- Weekly Orientations
- Caregiver of the Month awards
- Quarterly Celebrations
- Access to Caregiver App to see schedules, client addresses, care plans, open shifts and more.
Here’s what our caregivers say about us:
- I would tell a friend to call this agency if they have had any negativity with another agency. This company actually pays the money they are supposed to pay!
- I like working for them because they care about their employees.
- I love the office staff! When I go to the office, they show their appreciation for me.
- I appreciate that they consider my skill set, what the clients need, and match us based on that.
- They have employee of the month incentive which is a really cool program. The owners care about me and honor me.
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services in accordance with an established plan of care so that they can remain in their residence.
- Personal Care
- Provide assistance with: bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo, oral hygiene, ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane), change of position, with toileting, commode, incontinent care, meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Medication Services
- Assist with medications that the client self-administers
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Aide course
- At least six months experience as a Certified Nurse Aide (in homes or facilities)
- Be listed in good standing on the State’s Caregiver Registry
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS Ethics test
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)