Looking for Caregivers to join our ComForCare-Toronto-Central Care-giving team
At ComForCare Home Care we value our Personal Support Workers. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our care delivery team! We are expanding continuously, and are looking for the very best caregivers to support our clients in their homes.
We will consider your availability and preferred locations when setting up your schedule. Our clients live in the Toronto Central area.
We provide caregivers competitive pay, training, and a positive supportive work environment, opportunity for advancement.
The Personal Support Worker provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services in accordance with an established plan of care so that they can remain in their residence.
- Personal Care
- Provide assistance with: bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo, oral hygiene, ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane), change of position, with toileting, commode, incontinent care, meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Medication Services
- Assist with medications that the client self-administers
- High school graduate or equivalent certificate
- Successful completion of a Provincial-approved Personal Support Worker Course.
- At least ONE YEAR experience as a Caregiver (in homes or facilities)
- Achieves a passing grade on a PSW competency exam
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Screening
- Clear TB Test
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)