SCHEDULER - FIELD TRAINER
The scheduler is responsible for maintaining the schedule within HealthManager5 (HM5) for all clients and caregivers. This includes ensuring that all shifts are covered at least 24 hours in advance. In addition, the scheduler is responsible for tracking, changing and refilling all vacation requests, call-offs, request for changes by the client, etc. and ensuring HM5 has been updated. The training done in the field is the responsibility of the scheduling staff. Onsite training is a vital part of the quality care that we provide so this is a very important part of this position.
1. Compliance with ComForcare bonding criteria
2. Twenty One years of age or older, with U.S. citizenship and/or equivalent employment eligibility authorization
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, co-workers and all supervisors
4. High school diploma - Associate or Bachelor's degree strongly recommended. STNA, CNA, or HHA is a must.
5. At least three years’ experience in administrative capacities, with experience relevant to scheduling, customer service and computer operation. Extensive experience in the home care field considered in lieu of other experience
6. Ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines
1. Maintain a consistent schedule for clients:
a. Handle emergency call-offs.
b. Fill open shifts.
c. Accommodate client/family requests.
d. Accommodate caregiver schedules.
e. Have all open shifts for the following day staffed by the end of each day.
f. Update caregivers with new client information.
2. Brief caregivers on cases - use of briefing form is mandatory.
3. Ensure caregivers have completed client specific training for all new cases.
4. Utilize Front Loaded High Touch checklist with each new client.
5. Answer phones with a friendly attitude, check email and phone messages on a routine basis.
6. Manage overtime - limit overtime to emergency situations, keeping caregivers to a 40-hour work week.
7. On-call duties as assigned
8. Manage HM5:
a. Maintain schedule.
b. Enter notes in HM5 regarding updates on clients and caregivers, document all phone calls and visits.
c. Enter new client information.
9. Create and maintain client files.
10. Schedule supervisory visits; utilize HM5 to determine when visits need to occur.
11. Assist designated staff with unemployment and workers’ compensation claims.
12. Other duties as assigned
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)