Looking for a Home Health Aide to join our home care family
At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible. We invite you to become part of our team! We have an open position for weekday shifts and we are looking for the very best to our support clients.
We provide caregivers competitive pay and training as well as opportunities for advancement. Higher hourly pay for weekend shifts! Orientations happen each week.
Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? We are looking for you!
The Home Health Aide provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services for weekday shifts in accordance with an established plan of care.
- Personal Care
- Provide assistance with: bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo, oral hygiene, ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and devices (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane), change of position, with toileting, commode, incontinent care, meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): light housekeeping, doing dishes, changing bed linens and doing laundry
- Medication Services
- Assist with medications that the client self-administers
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide course
- Experience as a Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide (in homes or facilities), preferred
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on Ethics test
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. ComForCare of McLean is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives of those we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
This agency is an independently owned and operated franchise which is looking for individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)