On-Call Caregiver/ Caregiver Mentor
This position is responsible for the companion and personal care of adults. This is a full-time position that offers benefits and an opportunity of growth within the ComForCare family.
ComForCare Home Care services clients in Duval, Clay, St Johns, and Nassau counties.
What we need most:
ComForCare Home Care is hiring an on-call caregiver/caregiver mentor. The position is to care for newly signed on clients as well as last minute call offs. Other duties include mentoring, training, and guiding new caregivers during their first shift with ComForCare Home Care.
It is vital any applicants share ComForCare Home Care’s core values: care like family, serve passionately, dignity matters, be present and engaging, and understand that dignity matters.
Applicants must have flexible availability and reliable transportation. Applicants must be willing to travel to Duval, Clay, St Johns, and Nassau counties.
Applicants must be self-driven and dependable.
Required functions include:
- Providing companion care, homemaker services, and transportation.
- Providing personal care, including bathing, toileting, feeding, grooming and transfer assistance.
- Delivering high quality care and dealing effectively with the demands of the role.
- Projecting a sympathetic, nurturing attitude for the frail, elderly and/or disabled.
- Must be compassionate and dependable.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Participating in orientations, training, and in-service education programs as needed.
- Communicating promptly and clearly with clients, families, and ComForCare Home Care staff.
- Following and policies and procedures as outlined in ComForCare Home Care manuals.
- Maintaining accurate records according to our guidelines and standards.
- Reporting abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law.
Required credentials and skills include:
- High school graduate or GED certificate holder.
- Valid and current CNA license
- At least 3 years of caregiving experience with seniors.
- Two typed letters of recommendation from a prior employer.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Use of an insured automobile and a valid driver's license, or access to reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of CPR certification.
- Successful completion of Level 2 screening.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)