Comforcare Home Care is expanding !
We’re URGEMTLY seeking talented professionals to join our home care team. We truly value our employees like family, and together we celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients "live their best life possible”.
We are now seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to manage a busy Home Care office, near La Jolla.
*** As an industry-leading Franchise, each office is independently owned and operated. ***
- Provides a full range of clerical support including scheduling of employees with Clients, typing correspondence, reports, and documents; maintaining filing systems; and coordinating daily interoffice activities.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hour work week.
- is meticulous and will plan each event down to even the minor details.
- has the maturity to “own” and take charge of day to day issues.
- Can handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet client needs.
- has basic to advanced office skills, such as filing, administration, data entry, and a pleasant phone manner.
- is comfortable working with office and phone technology.
- In particular, we seek a person who has recent experience as a Caregiver, to occasionally fill-in for Caregivers out in the field, if needed. Therefore, the successful applicant will be expected to have, or obtain, and maintain an active CA Home Care Aide state registration.
- High school graduate; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience, health care preferred.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to type at least 50 words per minute and familiarity with basic computer programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Using Franchisee’s computer system, produces the weekly schedule for assigning each Client with adequate Caregiver staffing:
- Determines the weekly Caregiving needs of each Client.
- Allocates available Caregivers for each Client shift,
- Take account of Caregivers vacation, sickness and other factors.
- Distributes the weekly schedule to all Caregivers.
- Maintains updates to the weekly schedule and informs relevant parties.
Provides clerical support to agency management and supervisory personnel:
- Prepares correspondence, reports, documents, and medical Plans of Care.
- Schedules appointments for management staff and schedules meeting rooms.
- Prepares updates to policies and procedures as directed.
- Prepares statistical reports as needed.
Maintains inventory of office supplies and medical supplies:
- Establishes agency standards and appropriate reorder points.
- Monitors supply needs and assures availability of supplies needed.
- Prepares client charge slips as directed and forwards them to the billing department.
Assists with the billing process:
- Assists with data entry of schedules for billing and payroll.
- Maintains current admission log.
- Monitors return of doctors’ orders.
- Enters all new clients into the computer system
Assists with hiring process for direct care staff:
- Provides initial telephone screening for applicants and sets up interviews if appropriate
- Requests references on applicants.
- Assists in orientation and training of new clerical staff.
Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures as well as community and professional standards:
- Accepts responsibility in accordance with the role of the Administrative Assistant.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws.
- Attends meetings and educational programs as required.
- Participates in the Agency quality improvement activities.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
Communicates necessary information to Supervisor and management team to ensure coordination of services and activities.
- Attends clinical staff meetings as needed to communicate information needs as they relate to physician orders and other timely written reports.
- Contacts clients, referral sources, families, and other disciplines as directed to assure care coordination.
- Assists with filing of documentation in the clinical record. Reports missing or incomplete charting.
- Participates and communicates with other departments to assure that tasks are accomplished.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
The ideal applicant will currently be working in a similar role in Home Care admin/office, and will have recent experience as a Caregiver helping our seniors “live their best life possible.” If this sounds like you, then APPLY NOW !
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)