Looking for caregivers to join our home care family
At ComForCare Home Care we value our home care aides like family. We celebrate success and have fun! Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best life possible.
We invite you to become part of our team! We have open positions and are looking for the very best to support clients in their homes. Whether you are looking to get started in a home care career or are an experienced aide, we have something for you.
Shifts are available in the Uptown, Downtown, East Dallas, Greater Whiterock and Lake Highlands areas. We will consider your availability and preferred locations when setting up your schedule.
We provide caregivers competitive pay, training as well as opportunities for advancement. Orientations happen each week.
Are you naturally nurturing? Do you want a job that is truly fulfilling? Our independently owned and operated franchised office is looking for you.
The Caregiver provides clients various personal care and homemaker/companion services in accordance with an established plan of care so that they can remain in their residence.
- Personal Care
- Provide assistance with: bathing, dressing, grooming, nail /skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo, oral hygiene, ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices (wheel chair, walker, crutches, cane), change of position, with toileting, commode, incontinent care, meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding
- Companion/Sitter/Household Management
- Provide companionship and respite services for family
- Perform homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Medication Services
- Assist with medications that the client self-administers
- May need to transport client in employee's or client's vehicle as needed
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide course
- At least six months experience as a Caregiver (in homes or facilities).
- Be listed in good standing on the State’s Caregiver Registry
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health Aide Test)
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS Ethics test
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of all responsibilities and job duties.
ComForCare Home Care Portland provides supportive services to those living in the following zip codes:
97003, 97005, 97006, 97008, 97201, 97202, 97203, 97204, 97205, 97209, 97210, 97211, 97212, 97214, 97217, 97221, 97223, 97224, 97225, 97227, 97229, 97232 and 97239
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)