Looking for individuals to join our home care family.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best lives possible.
*Each office is independently owned and operated.
Provides personal care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The Personal Care Attendant is assigned to specific clients by the Registered Nurse or other appropriate professional and performs services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor / Director of Clinical Services
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow a written Plan of Care and/or Aide Care Plan.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (in accordance with state licensure regulations, state practice acts, and Agency policy).
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse. Follows reporting guidelines in the Aide Care Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client's records. Submits documentation per Agency requirements—at least weekly.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Clinical Supervisor/Case Manager.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Agency supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements for performance of this job.
During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)