Looking for individuals to join our home care family.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best lives possible.
*Each office is independently owned and operated.
Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, Agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice.
The Registered Nurse provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor/Director of Clinical Services
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN, PHN preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health nursing.
- Performs comprehensive assessments of client status, including physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
- Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy unless other arrangements are made.
- Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
- Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals (outcomes).
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment.
- Teaching skills according to the client's needs and within the context of the client's environment, value system, and physical/emotional status.
- Medication administrations.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
- Communicates effectively and in accordance with Agency requirements.
- Reports significant changes in client status to physician and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with client needs.
- Maintains client records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention, and evaluation.
- Participates in team meetings and clarifies individualized reporting responsibilities with all new assignments.
- Documents legibly and according to Agency documentation guidelines and standards.
- Follows Agency guidelines for completion of forms, reflecting the orders and care plan. Submits forms weekly—including all communication and coordination.
- Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the Case Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by complying with established policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Assesses environmental safety and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
- Notifies supervisor of need for review and/or training related to equipment, procedures, or safety/infection control practices.
- Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
- Participates in all mandatory education per Agency guidelines.
- Identifies needs for personal professional growth.
- Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.).
- Supervises applicable home care team members as delegated by RN Case Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements for performance of this job. During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties.
At ComForCare, our greatest passion is inspiring our clients and caregivers to live their best lives possible. As a network of independently owned and operated franchises, we’ve earned our reputation in this high-demand industry with our expertise, compassion, and commitment to fun.
Our unique approach to in-home care draws on our core values to inspire our caregivers to have meaningful work every day that builds into a career and successful future. Spanning across the country, ComForCare is looking for individuals who believe in helping people live their best life possible and who uphold our core values of — serving passionately, caring like family, and bringing fun to the lives those who we serve.
Caring for people requires a compassionate heart and particular knowledge and skills. We provide our employees training to build skills that will help make life easier for people who are aging, living with disabilities or chronic conditions and even those who are recovering from illness or injury.
Our independently owned and operated franchises are looking for compassionate individuals for a variety of positions for in-home care and supplemental staffing care.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)